Prosthodontics which is also known as prosthetic dentistry or dental prosthetics focuses on intraoral defects such as missing soft or hard structures of jaw and palate, missing parts of teeth and missing teeth. These are taken care by dentures, dentures are also known as false teeth these are prosthetic devices constructed to replace the teeth which is missing. Our dental care provides both bridges and dentures.
A bridge, also known as a fixed removable denture, is made to replace one or more missing teeth. Bridges can be supported in any of three ways by natural teeth, implants, combination of teeth and implants. Getting a bridge requires at least two visits, but often more. At the first visit, our dentist prepares the teeth and covers them with temporary crowns to see if the jaw placement is correct and the structure of the face is maintained. Our dentist will also make impressions of the teeth. We ensure that detailed explanation and blueprints for the dental service is provided so as to improve the transparency between the dentist and patient. The bridge is placed upon the patients approval and not forcing upon them. On average, our bridges last five to seven years if proper care is taken, some of the bridges are:
• Traditional bridges
• Alternative bridges.
Dentures are custom-made replacements for missing teeth and can be taken out and put back into your mouth. While dentures take some getting used to, and will never feel exactly the same as natural teeth, we at vbose dental care will ensure that the denture is as per your requirements making it more comfortable more than ever.
• standard dentures
• implant retained dentures
• Implant supported dentures
- Partial denture: a removable partial denture is for people who have a major tooth loss, to have a replacement of teeth for functional or aesthetic reasons and who cannot have a bridge
- Complete denture: complete denture are worn by persons whose teeth are missing completely either in the upper jaw or lower jaw ie.., in a single arch
- Fixed prosthesis: it involves placing permanently attached dental prostheses
- Implant denture: An implant supported denture is used only when the person doesn’t have any grown teeth in the jaw, but has enough number of bones in the jaw to support the implants, it is done for both upper and lower jaw
- Bridge: It is used as a span for the area where it is toothless it is usually done by connecting to the adjacent teeth towards the fixed resotrations.
- Crown: “cap” as it is said is used to cover a tooth, it is prepared by our dentist, the replica of tooths patient is given to a dental technician to construct the prosthesis, these are made of gold or similar metals as such.